Pen & Ink is inspired by the continuous movement of hand and pen across the surface of paper. Shapes emerge in side the lines and tight angles morph into undulated forms creating elegant details. Pen & Ink is dense, loop and tip-shear construction with an eye toward artful. Pen & Ink forms an uninterrupted flow of luxury textures.
Undulate in Nib, monolithic cushion-back tile installation
Pen & Ink consists of five organic, free-form designs created with loop and tip-shear construction and ranging in weights of 39oz to 44oz.
Pen & Ink is available in broadloom and cushion-back, modular tile options.
Abbozzi in Nib, broadloom installation
A variety of scale offers options from the dense line form of Continuum to the most open structure of Abbozzi. As with quality textiles crafted with higher luster luxury yarns, pattern definition will be accentuated or minimized depending on the angle at which the product is viewed.
Continuum in Nib, broadloom installation
Flow in Nib, broadloom installation
Tracery in Nib, monolithic tile installation
Pen & Ink’s color line is available in 16 standard colors. Style Numbers utilize the Color Reference System for easy coordination with other collections.
Color Reference and Product Coordinates
Milliken’s Color Reference numbering system enables easy color coordination with other Milliken products.
The last two (or sometimes three) digits in the color number indicate the overall color of the product. This is the Color Reference number that can be used to identify coordinating colors across product lines.
There can be up to three additional numbers, separated by hyphens preceding the overall color, that are secondary colors. These are provided to coordinate accent products.
Example: UND120 (Silverpoint)
- Tonal, solid carpet of tufted, loop with tip-shear patterning
- 100% Antron ® Legacy Nylon Type 6,6
- Modular tiles in 50cm x 50cm. Broadloom in 13’6” width
- Available in 16 colors
- Total Recycled Content for Modular Tile Carpet: 23%
- PVC-free ComfortPlus® ES Cushion Backing (Standard) : 23% per tile (23% PI, 0% PC)
- PVC-free ComfortPlus® ESP Cushion Backing(optional): 23% per tile (15% PI, 8% PC)
- Total Recycled Content for Broadloom (with optional EPA3 attached cushion) 33% (27% PI, 6% PC)
- Available with Milliken’s TractionBack® technology
- Flammability: Class I
- Recommended Installation Method: Monolithic Modular Tile or Broadloom
- Rated for Heavy. High traffic areas such as elevator lobby areas are not recommended.
- Milliken Lifetime Warranty Packages (13)
Abbozzi and Tracery in Silverpoint, monolithic tile installation
Folders and Brochures
Greenest Architectural Folder in the industry
Made of 100% recyclable paperboard – Once the carpet swatches have been removed, a folder may be discarded in any paperboard recycling area. In addition, any waste generated from making a Milliken folder – such as trimmings – is returned to Caraustar, a manufacturer of recycled paperboard and packaging, to be repurposed.
Removable, recyclable carpet swatches – Removable carpet samples are housed within a special cutout in each architectural folder and remain there without the use of adhesives, metal rings or plastic trays. The samples may also be returned to Milliken for recycling after use.
Biodegradable film – Each architectural folder features a protective film laminate that is safer for the environment than other coating alternatives.
Flow in Silverpoint, monolithic cushion-back tile installation
- Cost-effective, no-hassle, environmentally friendly way to install modular carpet tile and keep it securely in-place following installation.
- Requires little or no use of floor sealants and supplemental adhesives.
- Reduces or eliminates VOC off-gassing by eliminating the need for floor sealants, wet adhesives, or peel-and-stick applications.
- Tiles can be lifted and re-placed in their original location 2-3 times without losing traction capabilities.
- Very effective on raised floor systems where access to systems are important.