Our travels have taken us to extreme environments: the surreal contrasts of Iceland, a country powered by nature and made up of sulphurous plains, salt terraces and geothermal pools.
This is geological drama at its best, a place where isolation and dark winters create the backdrop to a unique breed of creativity.
In contrast the gentle landscape of Denmark.
A country peppered with archipelagos and lush forests and home of 21st Century design, where form and function meet utopian ideology.
Nordic Stories is inspired by the textural landscape, geological extremes, folklore and modern culture of the Northern Hemisphere.
Muted natural tones, black volcanic rock, deep blue lakes, rich golden moss, graphic landforms and bold architecture.
This Collection represents the sensory experience that is the Nordics, a series of diverse countries with distinct identities that have collectively helped to define contemporary design culture.
Nordic Stories is available in three patterns including Isograd, Hidden Plains and Tectonic.
Nordic Stories contains 16 colors. Plus two additional in Isograd and Tectonic design. Style Numbers utilize the Color Reference System for easy coordination with other collections.
- Tufted, Textured Loop
- Universal® Fibers Solution-Dyed Nylon Type 6,6
- Modular, cushion-back, carpet tiles
- Available in 16 standard colors with 2 additional in Isograd and Tectonic
- Total Recycled Content for Modular Tile Carpet: 31%
- PVC-free ComfortPlus® ES Cushion Backing (Standard) : 31% per tile (31% PI, 0% PC)
- PVC-free ComfortPlus® ESP Cushion Backing(optional): 31% per tile (20% PI, 11% PC)
- Available with Milliken’s TractionBack® technology
- Flammability: Class I
- Recommended Installation Method: Monolithic (all patterns) and Vertical Ashlar (Hidden Plains and Isograd)
- Rated for Heavy Traffic End-Use
- Milliken Lifetime Warranty Packages (13)
Color Reference and Product Coordinates
Milliken’s Color Reference numbering system enables easy color coordination with other Milliken products.
The last two (or sometimes three) digits in the color number indicate the overall color of the product.
This is the Color Reference number that can be used to identify coordinating colors across product lines. There can be up to three additional numbers, separated by hyphens preceding the overall color, that are secondary colors. These are provided to coordinate accent products. Example: Venice Spectrum, SPE144-97
Greenest Architectural Folder in the industry
Made of 100% recyclable paperboard – Once the carpet swatches have been removed, a folder may be discarded in any paperboard recycling area. In addition, any waste generated from making a Milliken folder – such as trimmings – is returned to Caraustar, a manufacturer of recycled paperboard and packaging, to be repurposed.
Removable, recyclable carpet swatches – Removable carpet samples are housed within a special cutout in each architectural folder and remain there without the use of adhesives, metal rings or plastic trays. The samples may also be returned to Milliken for recycling after use.
Biodegradable film – Each architectural folder features a protective film laminate that is safer for the environment than other coating alternatives.
Cost-effective, no-hassle, environmentally friendly way to install modular carpet tile and keep it securely in-place following installation.
- Requires little or no use of floor sealants and supplemental adhesives.
- Reduces or eliminates VOC off-gassing by eliminating the need for floor sealants, wet adhesives, or peel-and-stick applications.
- Tiles can be lifted and re-placed in their original location 2-3 times without losing traction capabilities.
- Very effective on raised floor systems where access to systems are important.
Click here to learn more about Nordic Stories or order samples.